Mission, Vision & Values
Vision and Values
To enrich, inspire and motivate pupils to achieve their full potential.
Vision and Values
Our vision is for The Whitley AP Academy to be a school that works hard to develop confidence, a love of learning, resilience and kindness in our pupils. We have high expectations, which support the individual needs of all our pupils, whilst placing an emphasis on positive attitudes to learning, building effective relationships and developing a strong moral compass.
We aim to provide a safe, supportive, consistent educational environment for our pupils, which alongside academic achievement, develops social skills, independence, self-motivation and respect for others.
The Whitley AP Academy provides a personalised learning experience, which will help secure a pupil’s successful reintegration / transition into an appropriate educational provision. We will respond to pupils in ways which take account of their varied life experiences and needs. This in turn will enable all our pupils to flourish so that they are equipped with the competencies and confidence to engage fully and enjoy life.
The Whitley AP Academy has four Core Values – The Four R’s.
Our Mission and Vision will be achieved by:
- Consistently providing a welcoming and safe environment for all pupils.
- Providing quality first teaching together with creative and enriching experiences.
- Respecting each other as individuals and having empathy for other cultures, religions and points of view.
- Supporting families and schools with all aspects of transition.
- Fostering strong partnerships and collaboration with all stakeholders including the Trust, pupils, parents and Local Governing Board.
- Working together with a range of external agencies.