The Governing Body
The Governing Body is responsible for ensuring that the school provides the best possible quality education for the students of The Whitley AP Academy.
Whilst the Headteacher is responsible for the day-to-day management of the school, the Governing Body is involved in developing the school’s aims and policies as well as a number of other important duties including, monitoring and evaluating the school’s effectiveness and holding the school to account for its performance.
Our Governing Body consists of;
- Chair of Governors | Safeguarding Governor: Liz Broadley
- Vice Chair of Governors | Careers Governor: Carol Stone
- SEN Governor: Mike Barnes
- Co-opted Governor: Richard Bottomley
- Staff Governor: Claire Aaron
- Parent Governor: Vacancy